MCCLAIN HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, December 17, 2014
1. Seniors interested in six free semester hours at Southern State Community College this summer must complete an application by May 1. Southern State Community College will, also, be hosting College Goal Sunday on February 8 at 2:00 pm. See Mr. Raike for an application and any questions.
2. Any girl interested in attending Ohio State University women’s volleyball camp, need to pick up a flyer in the office. If you have any questions, please see Coach Gall in the middle school (Room 159).
3. Today is the last day to donate $1.00 to wear a hat. Please pay your 1st period teacher.
4. Seniors, please see Mr. Raike if you are interested in any of the following scholarship opportunities:
· The APSE/AFSCME Memorial Scholarship Foundation Program is available to any graduating high school senior whose parent or legal guardian is a member in good standing of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees and intends to enroll in a full-time degree program in any two or four year accredited university, college, business or technical school. The scholarship may be used for any field of study.
· South Central Power’s scholarship program is available to students whose mother; father or legal ward is a South Central Power member.
· 4-H scholarships for members
5. Freshmen $10.00 class dues are to be paid to Miss Kesler by the end of the day today.
6. Today is “Fun Day”.
7. Miss Poynter’s homeroom is collecting gently used clothing and shoes to donate to the Highland County Homeless Shelter. If you have any clothing or shoes you don’t need, bring them to Ms. Poynter’s room by the end of the day today.
8. There will be no school tomorrow. School will resume on Monday, January 5. Have a safe holiday and a Merry Christmas!
9. End of the second grading period is today. Grade cards will be distributed in homeroom classes on Thursday, January 8 between 1st and 2nd periods.
Today: Show Choir 10:00 am – 2:30 pm
FBLA: coffee, tea (November 24 – Today)
Pizza, Potato Wedges, Steamed Carrots, Fruit Slushie, Milk
Week of: 12/15 - Malea Montavon
1/5 - Brendon Chaney
December 8 - 19: Natalie Miller
January 5 – January 16: Christy Davis
Today: Bowling @ Home – Highland Lanes @ 4:30 pm
Wrestling @ Washington Court House (SCOL Tri) @ 6:00 pm (Bus Leaves: TBA)
Friday: Basketball Boys @ Home (Chillicothe) – Freshmen @ 4:45 pm / JV @ 6:15 pm / Varsity @ 7:45 pm
Saturday: Basketball Girls @ Lynchburg Clay – JV @ 11:00 am / Varsity @ 12:30 pm (Bus Leaves @ 9:45 am)