McClain High School upperclassmen have a unique opportunity this year. Administrators have scheduled three college trips so that students get the chance to visit campuses and witness university life.
Recently, in the 2015 school year, several staff members have taken the time to begin some much-needed renovations to the McClain High School lobby, which sits just outside of the new gymnasium.
MCCLAIN HIGH SCHOOL
Friday, October 2, 2015
1. Fellowship of Christian Students will not be meeting today in Mrs. Gossett’s room.
2. The new gym and new gym lobby will be closed today. You will not be permitted to enter or exit through this area.
3. Project TRUST Counselor applications are available in the office. Forms are to be completed and turned into Mr. Streitenberger in the middle school by Friday, October 9. Camp dates are November 4 – November 6.
4. Powderpuff t-shirt forms are available in the office. Please see Mrs. Pitzer
5. Spanish Club members must pay $5.00 dues to Mrs. Hutchinson or Miss Poynter by Tuesday.
6. The PSAT will be given on Wednesday, October 14 to any interested juniors. There is a $15.00 fee. Please see Mr. Raike to sign-up and get more information about the test.
7. The New Directions Student Action Leadership Team (SALT) meets every Monday during lunch in Mrs. Barber’s room (Room 202). SALT challenges students to discover and develop their leadership potential and find creative ways to serve the needs of our community. A free lunch will be provided.
8. Any student wanting to participate in the neon cheer section at the homecoming football game tonight, must purchase a ticket from
Mrs. Pitzer for $2.00 by noon today. Tickets will be sold at the game for $3.00.
9. The following is a list of Homecoming events:
Today: There will be a homecoming pep rally in the auditorium at 1:45 pm. Students will be dismissed by the band as they march by your classroom
Tomorrow, Saturday: Homecoming dance will be held from 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm
***Homecoming tickets are on sale and may be purchased before school, during lunch and after school in the resource room (Room 108). Tickets are $10.00 each. Tickets will, also, be sold at the door. Junior high students are not permitted to attend Homecoming.
Sunday: Art Club members will be cleaning up after homecoming at 2:00 pm in the new gym.
10. Homecoming Spirit Week theme for today is Purple and Gold
Please report to the old gym for judging immediately after the morning announcements.
11. The following college and career fairs are open to McClain High School students to attend: Southern State Community College – Friday, October 9
Ohio University-Chillicothe – Wednesday, October 14
**Please see your guidance counselor for more details.
1:15 pm – Dismiss Homecoming Court, Band, Tigerettes and Cheerleaders
**Tailgating forms must be turned into Mr. Potts today**
Wednesday, October 14: Sam’s Club Associate will be here from 10:30 am – 1:00 pm in the Board Office
**Highland County Community Action Organization in conjunction with the Governer’s office have boys and girls coats to give away. Please contact Ms. Putnam or Mr. Raike if you know a student that is need of a new coat. Deadline is Wednesday, October 14.
Homecoming decorating (New Gym) – 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
NHS – Selling note cards of the high school (The Letter Shop) – through December
Freshman Class – Candy Sales (January 11 – February 15)
Pizza, Garden Salad, Glazed Carrots, Fruit, Milk
10/5: Lucas Unger
: Homecoming Football game @ 7:30 pm against Miami Trace
**Homecoming ceremony will begin at 6:55 pm
Saturday: Football JV @ Miami Trace @ 10:00 am (Bus leaves @ 8:45 am)
Cross Country @ Washington CH @ 9:30 am (Bus leaves @ 8:00 am)