Come to the “Late Night Luau” where juniors, seniors and their dates can enjoy a fun and safe night in the cafetorium from 11 P.M. to 3:30 A.M. Click "read more" for additional information!
On May 2 the upperclassmen and their guests will be shouting “Here’s to the Night” as they swing and sway at the 2015 Junior-Senior Prom. Click "read more" for additional information.
MCCLAIN HIGH SCHOOL
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
1. There will be a senior choir rehearsal today after school in the choir room. The choir is open to any senior who wants to sing at senior day assembly and graduation.
2. If you are running for Class President / Vice-President of your class for the 2015-2016 school year, your speeches must be shown and certified by your class advisor by the end of the day today.
3. New Directions Student Action Leadership Team will meet tomorrow during lunch in Mr. Luke’s room. A free lunch will be provided! Members of SALT will learn how to develop their leadership potential and will plan and lead New Directions activities. If you have questions about SALT, please contact Mike Anderson at (937) 876-9868. Open Time is held every Wednesday at the New Directions Youth Center after school from 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm.
4. Class meetings will be held tomorrow immediately after the morning announcements. Students will meet in the following locations: Freshmen –
New Gym, Sophomores – Old Gym, Juniors – Auditorium and Seniors – Cafetorium.
5. Information regarding Tigerette tryouts is available in the office. Mandatory practices will begin Tuesday, May 5. Please see Mrs. Weaks if you have any questions (Room 153/Middle School).
6. Each year the Greenfield Rotary Club honors one member of each class, grades 9th through 12th, who best exemplifies the ideals set forth in the Rotary 4-Way Test of the things we think, say or do.
· Is it the TRUTH?
· Is it FAIR to all concerned?
· Will it build GOOD WILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
· Will it be BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED?
Every student in grades 9th through 12h has an opportunity to nominate one or more individuals for this honor. A student who wishes to nominate a fellow student for the Rotary 4-Way Test Award must write the name and grade of that student on a slip of paper and place it in the 4-Way Rotary box that has been placed in the office by the end of the day today. The names of all nominees for the award will be presented to the appropriate grade level selection committee, and only one nominee will be selected for the award at each grade level. The selection committee will consist of faculty members and ten students that will be selected to serve on the committee at your class meetings tomorrow. The selection committee will meet after school on Thursday in their designated areas to vote.
7. There will be a Spring informational meeting for any boys interested in playing golf next year today after school in Mr. Bolender’s room (Room 154 – Middle School).
8. There will be a gallery opening featuring the work of the McClain Art 3 and Art 4 seniors at the Spark! Creative Artspace tomorrow from 6:00 pm –
8:00 pm. There is a $1.00 entry cover with all proceeds going to the art scholarship fund at McClain High School.
9. All Night Party tickets are on sale in the office. Ticket price is $10.00 single and $18.00 couple.
10. Juniors and seniors may sign-up for prom in the Resource room. Class dues must be paid in order to attend prom. Middle school students are not permitted to attend prom. Prom will be held on Saturday from 8:00 – 11:00 pm. Grand March will begin at 7:15 pm, weather permitting. The New Gym Lobby and New Gym will be closed Thursday and Friday for prom decorating. You will not be permitted to enter/exit this area.
11. The annual Band Boosters Duck Race will be held on Sunday, May 17 at 2:30 pm at Felson’s Park. Please see Mr. Hargrave or any band member to purchase a ticket.
12. National Honor Society members are reminded to meet after school today and tomorrow to plant flowers. Please bring gardening tools.
13. Senior Assembly sign-up cards are available in the office. Please complete and return the card by the end of the day on Wednesday, May 6 if you would like to participate in a Senior Assembly skit. Auditions will begin at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, May 6 in the auditorium.
Today: Envirothon (Lake Hope State Park) – 7:30 am – 2:30 pm
Wednesday: FFA Livestock Judging
Thursday: Mock Crash @ Hillsboro (Junior Field Trip) – Bus leaves @ 7:45 am
Ohio FFA State Convention (Ohio State Fairgrounds)
Turkey & Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Lima Beans, Roll/Butter, Fruit, Milk
Week of: April 27: Tom Henry
May 4: Jacob Stone
JV Softball @ Home (Hillsboro) @ 5:00 pm
Track @ Home (Miami Trace) @ 4:30 pm