MCCLAIN HIGH SCHOOL
Thursday, October 30, 2014
1. OGT testing will continue today and tomorrow. Testing will take place second period in the old gym. Juniors and seniors who have passed the test of the day will not have to be here until fifth period. The OGT testing schedule is as follows: Today – Science and Tomorrow – Social Studies. The library will be closed this morning during OGT testing periods.
2. Boys’ swimming team will have swimming practice today at 3:00 pm.
3. Fellowship of Christian Students will be meeting during lunch tomorrow in Mrs. Gossett’s room. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches will be available for purchase. Everyone is welcome!
4. New Direction will be going door-to-door tonight during trick-or-treat to collect canned goods for our local food pantry. Students should meet at New Directions at 5:30 pm and the event will end at 8:30 pm. Prizes will be awarded for the funniest costume, scariest costume, and most creative costume. Be sure to sign-up at New Directions if you would like to participate in this event.
5. There will be a pep rally tomorrow.
6. Seniors interested in information about the Homeland Credit Union Scholarship, AXA scholarship or the Burger King scholarship should see Mr. Raike.
7. Seniors order your cap and gown and announcements on Tuesday before school in the old gym. A $75.00 deposit, or payment in full, is needed to order your announcements. No money is required at this time to order your cap and gown.
8. Student pictures that were taken by Lifetouch have arrived and may be picked up in the office.
9. There will be a 5K run/walk for St Jude Children’s Hospital on Saturday. Registration begins at 9:30 am. There is a $20.00 entry fee, which includes a t-shirt and a meal. All proceeds will go to St Jude’s. Registration forms are available in the office.
10. This week is National Red Ribbon Week, which symbolizes drug awareness and prevention in our families and communities. We will be conducting a Red Ribbon Week essay contest where students may write about how to prevent drug and alcohol abuse. The winning high school student will receive a cash prize. See your English teacher for more information.
11. The fall play, “Fame” will be presented on Friday, November 14 and Saturday, November 15 at 7:30 in the McClain Auditorium. The tickets are $5.00 and may be purchased at the door.
12. Juniors are reminded to turn in all unsold candy, suckers and bumper stickers along with your money to Ms. Beatty in room 108 by Thursday, November 13. Class dues should be paid immediately. Grade cards will be held if your class dues are not paid.
13. There will be a chemistry club informational meeting Thursday, November 6 in Mr. Shelton’s room. Sign-up sheets have been placed in Mr. Shelton and Mr. Gossett’s rooms. You must currently be in a chemistry class or have already taken Chemistry 1 or Chemistry 2 in previous years.
14. Book Club is meeting every Tuesday during lunch in Mrs. Hawvermale’s room. Current members bring money for lunch. Lunch sign up is in Mrs. Hawvermale’s room before school, between class periods or after school. If members are not signed up by Monday, lunch will not be provided. Please see Caleb Helterbrand or Jack Gill if you are interested in joining.
15. Drinks are not permitted in the buildings. Please dispose of your drinks in the trash containers outside before entering the buildings. If you need to bring a drink with you, it must be a water bottle with a lid only.
Through Saturday: FFA National Convention
Junior Class: suckers, candy (November 13)
Freshman Class: candles, warmers, diffusers, wax melts (October 28 – November 21)
Hot Dog, Tater Tots, Baked Beans, Fruit, Milk
10/27 - Chayden Pitzer
11/3 - Brock Dean
October 9-31: Danita Mottie
November 3-14: Jami Highley