The purpose of the Greenfield Exempted Village School District’s Local Professional Development Committee (LPDC) is:
- To provide continuing support and encouragement for educators in our district.
- To assist educators in developing their five-year professional development plans in alignment with district/building goals.
- To establish CEU standards for the district.
- To encourage educators to look at their practices, management skills, etc., recognize how these practices affect students, and improve the effectiveness of their teaching.
INDIVIDUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (IPDP)
Important reminders regarding IPDPs:
- Neither teachers nor administrators can accrue professional development credits until an IPDP has been approved.
- IPDPs always expire at the end of a licensure period.
- IPDPs can last for five years, but only if written and approved at the beginning of the licensure period.
TO PREPARE A NEW IPDP
These four items will be used as follows:
This document gives explanations and model goals tied to the teacher standards.
Gives examples of how to write goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, results-based and time-bound.
| Each IPDP goal should state |
- what YOU are going to specifically learn to improve as a professional educator
- how you will acquire this knowledge (workshops, college, etc.)
- how you can apply this to your current assignment
Select an appropriate standard to align to each goal; three goals are required.
This is a required document to be completed before preparing the IPDP. It must be submitted with the IPDP.
GEVSD IPDP Form is the template for typing the IPDP.
Other IPDP Forms
TO TRANSFER FROM GEVSD TO A NEW DISTRICT
Print and complete the Verification Form for Educators exiting the LPDC.
TO RENEW AN EXPIRING LICENSE
In accordance with your approved professional development plan (IPDP), you must complete:
- 6 semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 18 continuing education units (CEUs) (180 contact hours); or
- Other equivalent activities related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure as approved by the Local Professional Development Committee of the employing school, district or agency since the issuance of the license to be renewed.
- Coursework, CEUs or other euqivalent activites may be combined.
- Teachers may use 30 hours maximum per year from TBT, BLT and DLT meetings with a 90 hour maximum towards renewal.
GEVSD LPDC IRN NUMBER FOR ONLINE LICENSE SYSTEM: 014446
To have professional development reviewed and verified by an e-signer:
- Completed Form F1 IPDP Documentation Record
- Proof of professional development completion (certificates/transcripts)
- Copy of current IPDP
- Apply online through your SAFE account
New Renewal Opportunity for Consistently High-Performing Teachers
An educator who meets the State Board definition of consistently high-performing teacher is exempt
from the requirement to complete any additional coursework for the renewal of a professional educator license for the next renewal cycle. Click here
for more information.
Note: Teacher is responsible for keeping track of all documentation related to this renewal option.